Special Subjects Credential
Designated Subjects Special Subjects (SS) credentialed teachers provide educational opportunities and services in the following subject areas.
- Aviation Flight Instruction
- Aviation Ground Instruction
- Basic Military Drill
- Reserve Officers Training Corps
- Driver Education and Training
- Limited Driver Training
To become a Special Subjects teacher, a teacher must first earn the five-year Preliminary Designated Subjects SS Credential, available through the North Coast Teacher Induction Program’s (NCTIP) Regional Office. In order to clear the Preliminary Credential, Special Subject teachers participate in NCTIP.
Each teaching credential has a unique set of standards that must be met in order to obtain the California Clear Credential. Besides Induction, Special Subject teachers need to meet additional credential requirements. Upon completion of Teacher Induction and additional credential requirements, Special Subjects teachers are eligible to apply for their Clear Credential. For more information, download the Commission on Teacher Credentialing’s (CTC) leaflet CL-699.
To apply for a Preliminary Designated Subjects CTE credential, you will need to submit a complete application to your county office of education's Credential Analyst. For more information about enrolling in our program, please contact our office at (707) 524-2818.
- CTC’s Application for Credential 41-4
- CTC’s Application for Credential 41-4 Instructions
- CTC’s Designated Subjects SS Teaching Credential Leaflet CL-699
- CTC Step-by-Step Guide for Account Access
- Fee for Service Flyer 2017-18
- Fee for Service Flyer 2018-19
- U.S. Constitution Exam
- Verification of Experience Form