"Be a Teacher" Intern Program
The “Be A Teacher” Intern Program is an alternate pathway to earning a Preliminary Teaching Credential. In our two-year state accredited Intern program, Interns are employed as teachers during the day and attend credential classes approximately two days a week while receiving ongoing support from an on-site Mentor, course Instructors, and Practicum Supervisors.
The "Be a Teacher" Intern Program is currently offering preliminary teaching credential programs for the following credential types:
- Special Education Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe
- Single Subject Math, Science or World Languages
Intern Credential Requirements
- Complete the 150-hour Framework for Teaching Pre-service Program
The pre-service coursework is offered through NCSOE. The 150 hours consists of six modules and two independent study courses.
To inquire about waiving the framework pre-service coursework based on an active preliminary or clear teaching credential, please contact Yesenia Rivas-Suarez, Registrar/Advisor, at email@example.com.
- Successfully pass the CSET Exam (California Subject Examination for Teachers) that corresponds to the credential you are pursuing (verification required).
- Complete the U.S. Constitution requirements – exam or university course (official transcripts required).
- Provide verification of Certificate of Clearance from Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) (fingerprinting, etc.).
- Provide verification of offer of employment as “Teacher of Record” from a partnering public district or school.
Quick Links and Related Documents
- "Be A Teacher" Intern Program Early Completion Option 2021-22
- "Be a Teacher" Intern Program Handbook 2019-21
- "Be a Teacher" Intern Program Handbook 2021-23
- Community First Credit Union Loan Program
- CTC Early Completion Intern Option Leaflet (CL-840)
- CTC Step-by-Step Guide for Account Access
- NCSOE Grievance and Appeals Policy 2021-22