Education Specialist Credential
The Education Specialist Credential authorizes the holder to teach in the following disability areas of specialization:
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities (program ends 2022-23)
- Mild/Moderate Support Needs (new program beginning Fall 2022)
- Moderate/Severe Disabilities (program ends 2022-23)
- Moderate/Severe Disabilities (new program beginning Fall 2022)
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Visual Impairments
- Physical and Health Impairments
- Early Childhood Special Education
Download CTCís Leaflet CL-808CA for more information.
Each teaching credential has a unique set of standards that must be met in order to obtain the California Clear Credential. Upon completion of Teacher Induction and any additional credential requirements, Education Specialist Teachers with a Preliminary or Level 1 credential are eligible to apply for a Clear Credential.
NCTIP also provides a Level II program for those Candidates who need to clear an Education Specialists Level I credential. NCTIPís Level II Program consists of two seminars (separate from Induction), one in the Fall and the other in the Spring. These seminars address the specific content required in order to meet the state's Level II program standards.
Candidates with an Education Specialists Level I credential who have already completed a full, accredited Induction program do not need to repeat the Induction seminars or assignments.