Designated Subjects Credential Program
The Designated Subjects Program is a pathway to earning a Career Technical Education or Adult Education Teaching Credential. NCSOE’s state accredited Designated Subjects Credential Program is designed for New Credential Holders (individuals who have never held a teaching credential) and Existing Credential Holders (individuals that already hold a teaching credential).
Candidates are employed as teachers of a Career Technical Education or Adult Education class while receiving ongoing support from program staff, course Instructors and an Assignment Reader to earn a Clear Teaching Credential. New Credential Holders also receive support from Designated Subjects credentialed Mentors who meet weekly with Candidates, providing “just-in-time” coaching and support with short and long-term goal setting.
Always use the same email address for each of the following NCSOE accounts:
- NCSOE program enrollment (online enrollment form)
- NCSOE/SCOE account (class registration for live synchronous classes)
- Canvas account (online asynchronous coursework and where you track program progress/completion)
NCSOE sends program communications through MailChimp and Canvas. To make sure you receive these important messages, we strongly recommend that you add the following emails to your Contacts:
- email@example.com - eNews (Mailchimp)
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Course Notifications (Canvas)
Enrollment Steps for New and Returning Mentors:
- Enroll in NCSOE: As soon as you have been assigned to a mentee, complete the Mentor Enrollment Form.. All Mentors, even if returning from a previous year, must complete the enrollment form each year. Only complete the Enrollment form once each year, even if you are mentoring more than one mentee in more than one NCSOE program. If you receive an additional mentee assignment after having completed the enrollment form, please contact your Program Coordinator so we can update our records.
- Complete The Launch Canvas Course: This online welcome Canvas course is updated each year and is required for both new and returning Mentors. The Launch provides important program information, updates and next steps.
- Attend a Program Orientation: Register for and attend a program orientation with your mentee. Registration opens August 3, 2022.
- Begin meeting the Mentor Academy Requirements: Register for classes here.
- In 2022-23, All DS Mentors are required to take DS Mentor Academies that have been specially-designed for you: MAC-DS 311, 312 or 313.
- Register for and attend at least one required Mentor Academy (MAC-DS 311, 312 or 313) during the first semester. Mentors are required to attend all three academies by the end of the program year.
For more information about NCSOE's Designated Subjects Programs,
please contact our office at (707) 524-2818 or at email@example.com.
Quick Links and Related Documents
- CTE TEACH - For Candidates
- CTE TEACH - For Mentors
- Designated Subjects Program Handbook 2022-23
- DS Dual Credential Holder - Candidates Roles and Responsibilities 2022-23
- DS Existing Credential Holders - Candidate Roles and Responsibilities 2022-23
- DS New Credential Holders - Candidate Roles and Responsibilities 2022-23
- DS New Credential Holders - Mentors Roles and Responsibilities 2022-23
- Fee for Service Flyer 2022-23
- Request for Mentor Reassignment 2022-23
- Mentor Application 2022-23 (GoogleDoc)
- Mentor Application 2022-23 (pdf)
- Request to Delay NCSOE Program 2022-23